Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics and post replies to existing threads.

Needless to say I'm not a fan of OS in 2v2. Shit is obnoxious and degrades the quality of an extremely high majority of the maps it's placed on. If you need a movement incentive or want resource control on your map, please don't use OS for 2v2.

I get that our hands are tied beacause the H5 sandbox is so shit , but I'd rather see no power ups then OS 99% of the time for 2v2.  It's so powerful and effective on most maps that the entire experience gets warped around managing it, to the point where whoever got OS most is almost always the deciding factor of who won or loss. I've seen this on FAR to many maps and it really takes away from just getting to enjoy the geometry and natural flow of the map. 

20 hours ago, Westin said:

Even if what you just said was right (it's not) then my point would still stand, because Hazard isn't a 3 lane.

Hazard is holding top camo, moving 1 room over to let players spawn bottom camo, and collapsing on them from above once they spawn. So, if Arcanum plays like Hazard, then it's still completely wrong to call either map a 3 lane.

But, of course, like I said, that comparison was wrong in the first place

Honestly hazard is spawning them consistently in that sniper room that connects that corner junction room. It allows both players to hold the high rooms of the map together being able to help each other quickly. In order to spawn them camo you need one guy to rotate out of the crate room into the bottom middle of the map or into that junction room which leaves your teammate isolated and increases your chance of dying because if that camo spawn doesn’t work for whatever reason the guy pushing out of the crate room will lose that 2v1 every time to players spawning in the other high room dropping low into snipe room. While the end goal may be to spawn them camo it takes way too much work and isn’t worth the risk of isolating yourself. 

2 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

Honestly hazard is spawning them consistently in that sniper room that connects that corner junction room. It allows both players to hold the high rooms of the map together being able to help each other quickly. In order to spawn them camo you need one guy to rotate out of the crate room into the bottom middle of the map or into that junction room which leaves your teammate isolated and increases your chance of dying because if that camo spawn doesn’t work for whatever reason the guy pushing out of the crate room will lose that 2v1 every time to players spawning in the other high room dropping low into snipe room. While the end goal may be to spawn them camo it takes way too much work and isn’t worth the risk of isolating yourself. 

You don't have to isolate yourself. I've seen teams just hug in crate room and double peek camo, and the only place to run is bottom middle (death) or bottom Camo (death) lol and I know because it happened to me

But yes, you can spawn trap any room you like 

2 hours ago, Westin said:

You don't have to isolate yourself. I've seen teams just hug in crate room and double peek camo, and the only place to run is bottom middle (death) or bottom Camo (death) lol and I know because it happened to me

But yes, you can spawn trap any room you like 

Wait which one is crate room next to camo or the room connecting sniper 

4 minutes ago, Box_Hoes said:

Wait which one is crate room next to camo or the room connecting sniper 

I was thinking about that corner connecting snipe to top camo

23 minutes ago, Westin said:

I was thinking about that corner connecting snipe to top camo

Oh I was referring to crate room as the crate jump up to the bridge above camo. Yes I agree that’s a viable strategy then to both run in corner room then peak camo. I feel like they could still get that top spawn though which would worry me. I’ve found most games recently the Meta has been for both teams to spawn the team in sniper room or the corner room as the top bridge on the map can be abused for manipulating the spawns. The 3 options you have from sniper room is the vent jump up which sucks. The bottom middle which is lul. And the corner room which is so long you are forced to commit to a punctual fight. Spawning camo you could at least try to run to the other high room with LR. 

1 hour ago, Box_Hoes said:

Oh I was referring to crate room as the crate jump up to the bridge above camo. Yes I agree that’s a viable strategy then to both run in corner room then peak camo. I feel like they could still get that top spawn though which would worry me. I’ve found most games recently the Meta has been for both teams to spawn the team in sniper room or the corner room as the top bridge on the map can be abused for manipulating the spawns. The 3 options you have from sniper room is the vent jump up which sucks. The bottom middle which is lul. And the corner room which is so long you are forced to commit to a punctual fight. Spawning camo you could at least try to run to the other high room with LR. 

So if you both sit in that top corner and back up a few feet, they'll spawn right below that bridge that the camo ramp leads to. They can clamber up to your level, go bottom camo, or go mid. If you time it right, you just peek and they'll be spawning, and even if they catch on to the setup like we did, the choices off spawn are abysmal. 

Also, if they escape, you're still in the best part of the map lol

On 4/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, MultiLockOn said:

Quick polling - do you guys have a preference between one 50 minute video or several 12ish minute videos. Would you be more compelled to just stop watching if it were long or does it not matter

When will this be posted 

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Whenever you tell me which format you prefer lol

Either one is fine.  A full length video will probably only be watched by people that are really interested in level design.  Separate installments might be better suited towards people that have only a passing interest. So to me it kind of depends upon what your intended audience is. 

Also, what icy said - if you're hoping to generate a lot of views, multiple short videos would be better.  More people will watch, but you'll also have a lot of people that will only watch 1 or 2 episodes.