Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics and post replies to existing threads.

Well shit I be too late and fuck again. oh well

So my area where my pc was going got finished and I be on PC now and stuff and only talk in fucks and shit balls now because I am tired of balls in dicks being thrown around at the next fucking level of design and forge and shit and I am wondering if I can fit another and and shit in this shit balls. FUCK

2 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

Are we really going to pretend that you and Westin have never talked shit about anyone in this community behind their backs? 

I mean, no? But that's besides the point now isn't it.  These were your posts that made it abundantly clear that you guys talk about us all the time.

On 10/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, Box_Hoes said:

MAN I’m fucking sick tool of destruction pistol 

10-17 don’t matter when you got integrity 

real shit though the ar might be the most broken weapon in halo 5 

ahh fuck I used spartan charge integrity lost  nvm 

legion is fucking sick I’m a bob weaving pistol god 

On 10/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, Box_Hoes said:

My opinion is irrelevant all my maps are broken and don’t have integrity 

When's the last time I spoke to you, let alone played Halo or Xbox.  Febuary? March maybe? But I still see this stuff all the time.  You guys take random words that we've used in the past, like integrity, that are shorthand ways of explaining design, and you just go and make jokes about it again and again to try and discredit it.  It's pretty obvious this is a running thing with you. I know you guys talk about us all the time because half the time Soul Flame would join the party he would straight up tell me.  Eventually I just asked him not to because I didn't want to hear it.

2 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Have you ever considered the fact that your actually doing 15 things incorrectly, that you thought were correct and then died as a result of your own actions? That you actually dont understand how to play the map?  The map intentionally subverts the normal expected play style of Halo 5, and punishes sloppy selfish play.   It demands utmost attention to micro positioning, team coordination, spatial awareness  and aptitude, precise deliberate movement( or lack therof when needed), extremely skillful nade usage and thrust management both offensively and defensively. 

I can confidently say  your simply not as knowledgeable on all things design as you think you are. You lack a lot of nuance understanding or care for subtly, which is ever apparent on your maps that seem to treat  a lot of  visible micro geometry as a non important by product of your macro goals.    I do think you are an extremely talented individual, but one whose narrow vision is crippling your ability to understand things outside your own perception/understanding of design. 

What designs I create that you enjoy and what ones you dislike, is of little relevance to me and it is almost always predictable. 

I've always found it quite awkward and odd whenever Id show you a map and you'd say something along the lines of "its okay, you don't have to impress me, I've seen you make lots of good things you have so many maps". What gave you the impression that I ever felt the need or urge to impress you? If anything, you need to show ME you have as deep of an understanding of design as you claim you do.     The reason you are still talked about in forge parties to this day, is because I don't think there has yet to exist a designer as influential, or rather as vocal, as you who could not smell the reeking scent of there own shit.  Your self important views of design are quite interesting to say the least and it baffles me that someone could feel so self important that they believe themselves to be the steward of what is and isn't good design.   

See I don't even have to respond to this to convince anyone here of anything, I think your character is coming through pretty clearly.  If you were actually interested in real discussion this discourse would've ended a long time ago, but you're not.  You just want to argue.  Which is why you post for like 10 consecutive pages tagging Westin and I constantly about discussions we literally had with you over 2 years ago.  And the first time one of us responds,  this is what you meet it with.  I don't even have to respond to anything in your post to know that you're going to keep responding in this thread for another 10 pages unprovoked. And you'll keep bringing us up in your xbox discussions.

I'm pretty sure you don't even know what I believe about design because I've never explicitly told you because I've been afraid if I did you'd just twist things and make jokes out of it.  Westin didn't like playing Day of Defeat because the map is SUPER claustrophobic, so he made a short hand remark about small doorways, which also includes a lot of other stuff you've made.  You took that and ran with it for like the past 5 months and I'm fairly certain he hasn't even spoken to you then, and I'm also fairly certain you knew exactly what he was actually referring to but chose to just twist it and mock him about it. Just like you keep running this bit about how I think I'm the arbiter of everything good, which I'm not.  And I've never claimed to be but if you can find a quote on me go for it, but once again you're not interested in real discussion you just want to be right. 

I think you are trying very, very hard to try and convince people that something that is not very good... is good.  You take every chance you have to break down these encounters into "micro positioning, team coordination, spatial awareness  and aptitude, precise deliberate movement( or lack therof when needed), extremely skillful nade usage and thrust management both offensively and defensively. " when at the end of the day, it's just bad level design.  You make maps that are like 6 feet tall and 6 feet wide littered with lazy cover and then try and justify why people should like them by listing off all those random 'skills'.  If there truly actually was no objective standard, people would play and like your maps Nate. You wouldn't have to say anything. That's really all  there is it to it, you wouldn't have to convince anyone of anything. I don't have to say anything to defend myself because if there truly is an objective standard by God then it will show through my work, and my influence.  And you said it yourself; apparently I'm pretty influential.  People usually like what I have to say because it's based in reason.  And a lot of people play my maps a lot.

Everything else I speak about design related is just to help people understand what it is they are already thinking.  I don't need to defend my maps they speak for themselves.

In other words (so we can talk about something else); I am no longer in the game industry ? I've been working on designing movie sets in Unreal Engine now for movies / tv shows with Disney for the past month.  Similar, but different.  It's really just a lot of art and composition.  Should be a fun changeup. Was an unexpected career shift but I've been digging it.

I think I may just drop the glass and go with a half circle thingy like the OG guardian. A bunch of trims going around the center. Obviously I would cutt off the extra shit hanging over the sides. this would allow me to keep all the geometry and not look out of place with the random hard 90 degree window texture.

01aad96527667b0e24cfdc19af3eb310.png

8f8f48676a7bb7a99d49653dacdda7f4.jpg

49a08b7c2c770cb95245b3e615564ce7.jpg

Edited by JB_

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

I think you are trying very, very hard to try and convince people that something that is not very good... is good.  You take every chance you have to break down these encounters into "micro positioning, team coordination, spatial awareness  and aptitude, precise deliberate movement( or lack therof when needed), extremely skillful nade usage and thrust management both offensively and defensively. " when at the end of the day, it's just bad level design.  You make maps that are like 6 feet tall and 6 feet wide littered with lazy cover and then try and justify why people should like them by listing off all those random 'skills'.  If there truly actually was no objective standard, people would play and like your maps Nate.

I know its good, I don't have to convince anyone of that. If you cant apply the skills the map requires, or respect them, then that's on you.  If you view it as bad level design, so be it. Your views are limited by your perspective and understanding, just as all of ours are, its a shame you don't have the self honesty, or possibly lack the ability to see that. The entire debacle with Port 66 and your playtest proven verifiably incorrect gameplay logic assessments of it taught me long ago that  you aren't great at actually assessing the objective way a map functions.   I went over many of these assessments with extremely high skilled players, and they were aghast at the way you claimed the map would play.  

People love playing my maps, I get praise for my design on the daily, your very out of touch with the people who are actually still playing Halo 5.  I have nothing else to say to you man, best of luck with your future endeavors. The movie/tv set gig sounds like the perfect job for you, as your skills in visual presentation and composition are top notch. 

@NLD

My hope is that In Halo Infinite we as the community can get a wider set of players with differing skill sets to help us test and refine our maps so we can truly grow as designers, and back up our hypotheticals with hard gameplay evidence and proof. I think currently we are being kneecapped by our own understanding and hypotheticals. 

Here's some shitty layout drawings of de_kerosene that don't really show enough about sightlines. There's major scaling issues, but it shows the idea of how I want engagements to happen and gives a sense of pacing. Firstly, I should describe how this map functions. All grey areas one the image itself are playable areas, and all repeated lines represent elevation changes: the more uniform sets are stairs or ramps and the curvy sets are earth or other loose materials. White shapes aside from spawn areas are props such as barrels, wooden boards, and crates with the longer shape at B being a large pipe. The lower right portion of the map is like a mid that should only take 5 seconds to get to for each team and acts like the terrorists' junction between both bombsites' routes. It's close proximity to both teams' spawns encourages the CTs to apply pressure early in the round to essentially force a B site push. Essentially this makes the early part of the round far more fast paced than on other maps and allows teams to more quickly identify which strategy the enemy team will use that round. I've got almost no experience with Hammer, so any suggestions on what tutorials to use to best learn it would be very helpful!

Quick sketches of intended layout:

Spoiler

With Bombsite A shown:

de_kerosene.thumb.png.74b95f6460fdbfd81071ce3e43a29bc1.png

With A underside:

de_kerosene_no_A_site.thumb.png.d466ea4e59035c1ee55c08825af35cae.png

Without A section:

de_kerosene_no_top.thumb.png.0a5c9777e49c9b183aed8387ed9bfd27.png

18 minutes ago, Kantalope said:

Here's some shitty layout drawings of de_kerosene that don't really show enough about sightlines. There's major scaling issues, but it shows the idea of how I want engagements to happen and gives a sense of pacing. Firstly, I should describe how this map functions. All grey areas one the image itself are playable areas, and all repeated lines represent elevation changes: the more uniform sets are stairs or ramps and the curvy sets are earth or other loose materials. White shapes aside from spawn areas are props such as barrels, wooden boards, and crates with the longer shape at B being a large pipe. The lower right portion of the map is like a mid that should only take 5 seconds to get to for each team and acts like the terrorists' junction between both bombsites' routes. It's close proximity to both teams' spawns encourages the CTs to apply pressure early in the round to essentially force a B site push. Essentially this makes the early part of the round far more fast paced than on other maps and allows teams to more quickly identify which strategy the enemy team will use that round. I've got almost no experience with Hammer, so any suggestions on what tutorials to use to best learn it, that would be very helpful!

Quick sketches of intended layout:

Hide contents

With Bombsite A shown:

de_kerosene.thumb.png.74b95f6460fdbfd81071ce3e43a29bc1.png

With A underside:

de_kerosene_no_A_site.thumb.png.d466ea4e59035c1ee55c08825af35cae.png

Without A section:

de_kerosene_no_top.thumb.png.0a5c9777e49c9b183aed8387ed9bfd27.png

NUKE 2 REFUELED  ?

also those spawns are really close I know you mentioned scaling issues

dont be afraid to add extra spawning room for the map

nuke-map-callouts_hued504750eba5e4c0df69

like nuke .....

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Money, power, women, materialism, im starting to feel convicted for looking forward to playing this

If you're feeling a tug at your soul, then perhaps you shouldn't play it at all. The Holy Spirit tugs and speaks to you quietly when you are tempted strongly, and constantly ignoring it will greave it. Even though it's a game, the things you see and do in it matter. What you see, hear, and say; what you eat and drink; what you think and do all matter to the Lord.

"...Choose you this day whom ye will serve..." Joshua 24:15

1 hour ago, S0UL FLAME said:

If you're feeling a tug at your soul, then perhaps you shouldn't play it at all. The Holy Spirit tugs and speaks to you quietly when you are tempted strongly, and constantly ignoring it will greave it. Even though it's a game, the things you see and do in it matter. What you see, hear, and say; what you eat and drink; what you think and do all matter to the Lord.

"...Choose you this day whom ye will serve..." Joshua 24:15

"The man who sits on a fence likes dick in their ass." Purely Fat 2020

Discussing design and peoples ideas about design is too personal guys we shouldn't even have forums like this. You know there is no point. Designers have too low of an emotional iq to be able to talk about critiques of designs and let us make somebody can't try to be a moderating middle man. OH NO THAT'S TERRIBLE. BETTER STOP THAT BEFORE WE COME TO AN ACTUAL WE RESOLUTION INSTEAD OF THIS PERSONAL BEEF OUR SOCIALLY INEPT MINDS HAVE DEVELOPED AND HAVE PUSHED BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES WHO HAVE A DESIGN DISAGREEMENT. LET'S NOT LET HIM TRY TO RELATE WHAT IS BEING ASKED OR WHY PEOPLE SEEM TO BE GETTING IRRITATED BY THE OTHERS ANSWERS AND QUESTIONING. WE DON'T NEED THAT SHIT. I NEED MY DRAMA BECAUSE MY SOCIAL SKILLS SUCK SO MUCH EVERYTHING IS PERSONAL AND DRAMATIC. IT CAN'T BE AN ISSUE WITH THEIR DESIGN BELIEFS EVEN THOUGH THE PERSON I AM GIVING SHIT HAS STUCK UP FOR THE OTHERS PARTY'S MAPS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. I am out of here again. Fucking idiots.

4 hours ago, JB_ said:

In actual design news I did more meaningless art at 1AM instead of being productive and finishing the basic level structure for the back room.

b8fdd8b6920cfd60f37d403caeaaed3d.png

fe1e4512d6cdfe1ebfb42e1444a0d817.jpg

I like that - you might want to widen the pathway / include a holo-pedestal at the apex of the curve - hard to overlay round shapes on a rectangular geo like that

sloppy edit here:

9EE9DB02-008A-431D-BF49-FEC34001FB51.thumb.jpeg.0f33433530138f3e087bd039b0f5c04d.jpeg

1 hour ago, icyhotspartin said:

I like that - you might want to widen the pathway / include a holo-pedestal at the apex of the curve - hard to overlay round shapes on a rectangular geo like that

sloppy edit here:

9EE9DB02-008A-431D-BF49-FEC34001FB51.thumb.jpeg.0f33433530138f3e087bd039b0f5c04d.jpeg

K

1a79369946cda5c911a6e8243523a890.jpg

edit: @icyhotspartinI just slopped that together. Ill fix it proper later but thanks for the pic.

I was gonna do way ugly shit like dis

86c09b1cf9d70dc4a7ed4fde9ec9700a.jpg

LMAO MS PAINT BABY

Edited by JB_